Rockingham Peel Group - Graduate Midwife Program
Rockingham General Hospital provides midwifery services for the Rockingham Peel area. In 2010 there were 1262 births.
The Obstetric Unit has been fully refurbished and expanded as part of the hospital’s recent upgrade.
Currently we have 16 beds, 5 birthing suite beds and 4 cots in our purpose built Level 4 Neonatal Nursery in operation, however we have the potential to grow to a maximum of 25 beds, 5 birthing suite beds and a 6 cots in the nursery.
Rockingham General Hospital also provides a visiting midwifery service
Graduate Midwives are supported by an excellent midwifery team including Staff Development Midwives, preceptors and other experienced midwives.
The successful applicants will be able to further develop their clinical skills and scope of practice for women and their families in all aspects of hospital based midwifery care.
- Eligible for registration as a midwife with Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Be a newly qualified midwife (no more than 52 weeks experience at commencement of the program)
- The duration of the program is a 12-month fixed term contract
- Fully comprehensive induction program
- Supernumerary time
- Comprehensive Graduate Study Days and E learning in association with King Edward Memorial Hospital
- Nurse and Midwife Graduate Program at Rockingham Peel Group (PDF 380KB)
- Annual - August 2011
Hospital address: Elanora Drive, Cooloongup
Postal address: PO Box 2033, Rockingham, WA 6967
Phone: (08) 9592 0600
Fax: (08) 9599 4619