Princess Margaret Hospital for Children
Child and Adolescent Health Service (CAHS) is comprised of Princess Margaret Hospital for Children (PMH) and Child and Adolescent Community Health (CACH). It is a holistic health service targeting children's health and their families.
PMH is a 220-bed, internationally recognised paediatric facility that treats children and adolescents from around the state with approximately 250,000 patient visits (inpatient and outpatient) each year. It is the only tertiary paediatric facility in Western Australia.
Child and Adolescent Community Health (CACH) provides a comprehensive range of health promotion and early identification and intervention community based services to children and families, focussing on growth and development in the early years, promoting wellbeing during childhood and adolescence. Service delivery is both universal and targeted. Groups at risk of poorer health outcomes, such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and newly arrived refugees, are of particular focus.
Excellent professional development support and education programs, offering graduate programs and certificate paediatric courses for registered and enrolled nurses.
Affiliations with WA universities offering post graduate diplomas in the specialities of paediatrics and paediatric intensive care.
PMH offers a 12 month graduate nurse programs for graduate ENs and RNs.
- Princess Margaret Hospital graduate nursing
- Princess Margaret Hospital for Children participates in the State-wide Mental Health Graduate Nurse Program
On completion of the Graduate Registered Nurse program there is an opportunity to apply for a position in the following PMH specialisation programs:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Paediatric Nursing
- Postgraduate Diploma/Master in Child and Adolescent Health(PMH/Curtin)
- Postgraduate Diploma/Master in Nursing (PMH/Curtin)
- Master in Clinical Nursing - Paediatric Intensive Care Nursing (PMH/Curtin)
Facilities available to nurses
- Common room
- Orientation programs
- Day care and school holiday care programs
- Easily accessible to public transport
Nursing specialties offered