Fremantle Hospital and Health Service
Fremantle Hospital and Health Service delivers health care to the community from a number of sites including Fremantle Hospital, Kaleeya Hospital and Rottnest Island Nursing Post.
Fremantle Hospital is a large tertiary hospital in the port city of Fremantle, 16kms south of Perth’s CBD. The hospital has 365 multi and same day beds, including 70 mental health beds, and employs about 1500 nurses and 400 medical staff. Fremantle Hospital is easily accessible by public transport and within walking distance of markets, cafes and shops.
Fremantle Hospital has a range of clinical specialties that can be accessed during the Graduate Program including paediatrics, mental health, intensive care, coronary care, emergency nursing and theatre. Fremantle Hospital also houses the only public hyperbaric unit in the Perth metropolitan area.
Nursing staff have access to a suite of postgraduate learning opportunities offered in conjunction with Curtin University, Edith Cowan University and the University of Notre Dame including a Post Graduate Diploma in Perioperative Nursing and Postgraduate Certificates in: Clinical Nursing; Critical Care; Emergency and Renal Nursing. Other programs delivered on site include a hyperbaric and respiratory nursing course.
As a member of our nursing team graduate nurses will be well supported during the transition from student to confident nurse.
Fremantle Hospital offers a variety of graduate programs to graduate Enrolled Nurses and Registered Nurses.
- Fremantle Hospital graduate nursing website
- Fremantle Hospital and Health Service participates in the State-wide Mental Health Graduate Nurse Program
- Fremantle Hospital coordinates the Graduate Diploma in Perioperative Nursing (PDF 2.61MB)
Facilities available to nurses
- On-site parking (for shift workers)
- Staff common room with lounges, plasma TV and internet access
- Access to school vacation care program
- Wellness committee with access to yoga classes, meditation classes and subsidised gym memberships
- Staff breastfeeding / mothers breastfeeding room
- Hospital social club
- ATM on site
- Bike facility
- An online shift booking and availability system for casual nurses
- Employee assistance programs