The Nursing and Midwifery Office has a range of scholarships worth up to $2 million each year for nursing and midwifery students studying in Western Australia. The scholarships can help you become a nurse or midwife or to progress your career. They have been offered to WA nurses and midwives since 1980.
Offering financial assistance ensures:
- enough nurse and midwives are available for all health services
- nurses and midwives know they are valued and supported
- nurses and midwives are experts in their chosen fields
- WA patients and community receive the very best patient care.
Applications for 2015 scholarships have now closed.
Application will open for studies in 2016 from early November 2015, closing March 2016.
Links to scholarships offered by other nursing and midwifery professional organisations
- Australian College of Children & Young People's Nurses (external site)
- Australian College of Critical Care Nurses (ACCCN) (external site)
- Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (Inc) WA Branch (ACMHN) (external site)
- Australian College of Midwives (Inc) WA Branch (external site)
- Australian College of Nursing (external site)
- Australian College of Operating Room Nurses (external site)
- Australian Nursing Federation IUWP (external site)
- Curtin University – The School of Nursing & Midwifery (external site)
- Edith Cowan University – School of Nursing and Midwifery (external site)
- National Institute of Clinical Studies (NICS), National Health and Medicine Research Council (NHMRC) (external site)
- The Western Australian Nurses Memorial Charitable Trust (external site)
- Transplant Nurse’s Association (Inc) (TNA) (external site)