Nursing and midwifery Fellowships
Ce Kealley: Fellowship recipient 2011
“Receiving a fellowship allowed me to take additional leave from a busy full-time Clinical Nurse Manager role and focus completely upon my doctoral thesis. I have now moved to a position of having completed all but the final chapters and expect to be at the point of submitting the thesis to the examiners before the end of this year.”
- Are you looking for funding to further your career?
- Do you want to visit and learn from other healthcare sites, overseas or interstate?
- Would you like to fund a practice improvement or small research project?
- Do you need some time out or support to complete your Masters or PhD thesis?
Download our Fellowship brochure (PDF 269KB)
The fellowship program offered by the Nursing and Midwifery Office can take you to the next step in your career, while improving patient care in WA.
Our fellowships, each worth up to $20,000, are open to all eligible nurses and midwives and can help you achieve your goal, whether it be through travel, study or research.
Selected Fellowships and Academic Support and Research Grants will be opened for a second round in 2014.
Application dates for the Second Round:
Open: 6 October 2014
Close: 14 November 2014 at 4pm.
More information about Second Round Fellowships and Academic Support Grants.
We have six fellowships to choose from:
- Aboriginal Health
- Advancing the Midwifery Profession (previously known as Midwifery)
- Advancing the Nursing Profession (previously known as Helen Bailey)
- Global Health (previously known as International Outreach)
- Nursing and Midwifery Leadership (previously known as Margaret J Watson)
- Responding to Major Events / Disruptions (previously known as Bali Memorial)
Summary of Fellowships
|Fellowship||Aim of the Fellowship||Amount awarded|
|Aboriginal Health||To support individual researchers or a team whose research will translate into positive outcomes in Aboriginal nursing, midwifery and health in Western Australia||Up to $20,000|
|Advancing the Midwifery Profession||To promote research into contemporary midwifery practice||Up to $20,000|
|Advancing the Nursing Profession||To promote research into clinical and contemporary nursing care||Up to $20,000|
|Global Health||To undertake research into health or nursing and/or midwifery in an international setting||Up to $20,000|
|Nursing and Midwifery Leadership||To promote leaders within the nursing and midwifery professions in WA||Up to $20,000|
|Responding to Major Events / Disruptions||To examine current emergency / crisis response to major events or disruptions||Up to $20,000|