Leading Great Care
The Nursing and Midwifery Office has partnered with a WA university to provide a Graduate Certificate in Nursing Leadership and Management. This is an exciting initiative that has been developed with SRNs in mind. To be eligible, an applicant must be currently employed within the WA public health system.
The Leading Great Care program assists the SRN to further develop and enrich their professional expertise in leadership, management, change management and quality care provision.
The 12 month program consists of:
- four units that are undertaken within work time
- dedicated study days to attend Master Classes and complete assessments
- workplace relevant assessments.
The aim of this initiative is to invest, support and financially assist SRNs, employed within WA Health, to undertake a postgraduate qualification in leadership and management for frontline nursing or midwifery leaders.
- Generously subsidised opportunity for our staff (university fees, textbooks)
- Exit with a formal postgraduate qualification
- Access to additional study leave to attend Master Classes
- Multi-modal delivery (internal face to face and on-line materials)
Applications for the 2014 intake open on 6 May 2013.
Applications close 15 July 2013.
Phone: (08) 9222 0288