State-wide Mental Health Graduate Nurse Program
The State-wide Mental Health Graduate Program for Registered Nurses was developed by the State-wide Mental Health Services in conjunction with Curtin University. The program is designed to encourage professional and clinical development during your first year as a Registered Nurses and encourage development of skills, knowledge and attitudes over a life long career in mental health nursing.
What’s on offer?
- A 58 week full-time contract
- Excellent support from experienced mental health nurses and educators
- Rotational rostering (may include day, afternoon and nights)
- Ability to work in various locations including a roaming metropolitan and regional program. Participants travelling to and from regional locations or rotations may be eligible for a travel bursary *Conditions apply.
- Up to 7 weeks leave (4 weeks annual leave, 5 days for working shift work and 10 public holidays)
- Accrued days off (ADOs) negotiable (12 days per year)
Rotations are available at these participating hospitals and health services:
- Graylands Hospital
- Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital
- Swan Valley Mental Health Service
- Older Adult Mental Health Service (Osborne Lodge, Selby Lodge)
- Armadale Hospital
- Fremantle Hospital
- Bentley Hospital
- Royal Perth Hospital
- Peel and Rockingham Kwinana Mental Health Service
Roaming Program (metropolitan and regional)
- Royal Perth Hospital and Albany OR Bunbury Hospital
- Fremantle Hospital and Albany OR Bunbury Hospital
Child and Adolescent Program
Clinical rotations at:
- Princess Margaret Hospital
- Bentley Adolescent Unit
- Bentley Transition Unit
- Mother Baby Unit - King Edward Memorial Hospital
Choose “State-wide Mental Health Program” when you apply via Graduate Nurse Connect and list your preferences for the above available Health Sites from 1 - 12
Phone: (08) 9347 6774
File FormatsSome documents for download on this website are in a Portable Document Format (PDF). To read these files you might need to download Adobe® Acrobat Reader.