Graduate nursing and midwifery
Newly qualified enrolled nurses, registered nurses and midwives are encouraged to undertake a fully paid graduate program at one of the many Western Australian public hospitals and health services. You can also apply for a graduate program with one of our partner private hospitals.
Graduate programs assist you to transition into the nursing and midwifery workforce in a supportive environment. You will gain exposure to a variety of clinical settings, while consolidating theoretical learning and critical clinical skills and judgment.
Applications for all graduate programs offered within the WA public health sector and participating private hospitals are centrally coordinated by the Nursing and Midwifery Office via the online recruitment systems Graduate Nurse Connect (GNC) or Graduate Midwife Connect (GMC).
This allows applicants to apply for graduate opportunities in all of our participating hospitals and health services using just one application.
Graduates may be eligible for Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) (PDF) debt repayments.
Click on the type of program you are seeking from the list below to research programs available and the dates to apply.
- Graduate Nurse/Midwife Connect Dates 2013 (PDF 55KB)
- Graduate Enrolled Nurse Programs
- Graduate Registered Nurse Programs
- Graduate Midwife Programs
- Nursing and Midwifery Graduate Handbook (PDF 539KB)
Applicants must be:
- Eligible for registration as a Registered or Enrolled Nurse for nursing programs or as a Midwife for midwifery programs with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA). Find out more about the NMBA.
- New graduate nurse or midwife who has not been previously employed for more than 12 months as a nurse or midwife (in Australia or overseas). Exceptions: Graduating Registered Nurses who have undertaken an Enrolled Nurse Graduate Program in the past ARE eligible to apply for Registered Nurse Graduate Programs. Graduate Midwives who have undertaken an Enrolled and/or Registered Nurse Graduate Program in the past ARE eligible to apply for Midwifery Graduate Programs.
Priority will be given to Australian citizens or those who have Australian permanent residency status at the time of application. New Zealand citizens in possession of a Special Category Visa are considered permanent residents. Find out more about the priority system.
File FormatsSome documents for download on this website are in a Portable Document Format (PDF). To read these files you might need to download Adobe® Acrobat Reader.